Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Siblings

Sometimes I worry about my daughter being an only child, other times, I think I did her a favor.


My Brother is starting a new job today. Now get don't all excited , he started a new job last week too. And when I got home at 2:30 he was sitting on the sofa because he'd quit.
I 'm waiting to see if this one sticks before getting too happy about. I'm a positive sort, but am tired of dissapointment.

Got an email from my Sister yesterday. She wants to know where Mom's ashes are.
"It's been a year"
Yes, I am well aware that it's been a year, afterall I am the one who found Mom on the floor , I am the one who gave her morphene and breathing treatments, so I think I'd know what fucking day it is. *sigh*
What I really said to my sister was that it could take up to 18 months, and no, I hadn't heard anything but would let her know.
Mom donated her body to a medical school, they will return the ashes when they are done with her remains. After the are done using what was left behind to teach future doctors how to treat the living bodies, after they use her disesed cells to try to cure what took her away.

While my sister was getting flowers I was schedualing to have the hospital bed and the oxygen machine picked up. Though I shouldn't be pissed, I know I shouldn't, the email just seemed so thoughtless. I know my siblings lost their Mom, what my sister doesn't seem to realize is that I lost mine too.

11 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}} for Buggy.

You are in my thoughts. :(

3:37 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Do they think you should take the place of mom now?

*Hugs*

You are in my thoughts too!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

{{{hugs}}} the Buggy.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

FYI, it took about 15 months for us to get FIL back when he was donated to Vanderbilt's medical school. Then, one day, he was UPSed to us in a nice brown box. That was sort of a shock. Be prepared. W., being the macbre goonthat he is, took his dad's ashes in the box to his favorite morning coffee place and put him on the table so that he could "visit" with everyone.

Love you!!!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Love ya Buggy. *hugs* You've been on my mind a lot this week.

Now get don't all excited, he started a new job last week too.

Sorry, that made me giggle. I swear we could compare brother horror stories.

When my MIL died, my SIL cared for her at home. It takes a very caring and special person to be able to do that. I told SIL over and over again how much we all appreciated the loving care that she gave MIL. You gave your Mom a very special gift Buggy.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you, Buggy. I know they lost their mom too, but you were in her life every day and if affected you more on a day-to-day basis, creating a bigger void, IMO. Hugs to you at this sad time of year.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*hugs* Thinking of you.

7:45 AM  
Blogger lights said...

*hugs* for the Bug family.

6:56 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

*hugs the bug*

Love you, sweetie.

2:55 PM  
Blogger momma said...

*hugs* for the Bug. It's never easy, is it?

How did the brother do with the newest new job?

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Buggy. I don't get in here very much at all. But I just wanted to *smooch* you.

You are in my thoughts.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home