Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Odds and Ends

I have been driving the truck ( there is a Dale Jarrett joke in there somewhere) to work since Monday.
I'm not comfortable in it.
I mean, it's a work pick-up, the thing doesn't even have automatic windows!
It is pretty new and shiney, the gals at work think it's a good truck. I guess I'm not really a truck kinda girl. But it's Texas, so I guess I can pull it off.
I'm handling the shift okay, haven't stalled out at all, so that's good. I'm just not comfortable with it yet, and I still have to think to drive it.
Clutch, brake, clutch downshift , arrrrgh!

**********

I found an old friend, she is my new friend.
Found my friend Susan, and I'm really glad I did.
We'd exchanged emails a few times over the years, and the occasional Xmas card, but last weekend was the first time we'd talked in probably 20 years ( OMG! I can't believe how old I am!)
Anyway we talked for a couple hours, and again today for a couple more.
We first met when we were in 8th grade, and for a couple years were inseparable. We fell in and out with each other in High School, and eventually weren 't as close as we got older.
I'm so glad to get to know the woman she is now, she's alot like the girl I loved back them.
Strange to think that she was my bestfriend when I was my daughters age. Strange to think how different our lives are from what we dreamed of when we were little girls.
We have another friend, Sandee, who actually kept in touch with both of us over the years.
You should have seen the 3 of us when we were 16!
Susan the Blond, me the Brunette, and Sandee the Redhead.
We were just about the cutest things EVAH!
I'm glad I found my Susan again, we click.

***********

Work.
Jesus Girl got really freaked out over Halloween.
Seems just being in the same room with someone who was wearing a 3 dollar witch hat may be enough to endanger her soul.
She refused to speak to anyone celebrating the holiday of evil ( Ooooooooooo, those orange pumpkin t-shirts were eveeeeeel!)
She was very pissy all day, slamming down pans, angry about the carved pumpkins I brought in, positively grumbling every time I did my famous cackle laugh. ( I'm proud of the "cackle" it's very Wizard of Oz , dontchaknow)
I'd feel badly about calling her a Jesus Freak, except she was waering a t-shirt that said , " I Am A Jesus Freak" on the front of it, so I guess it's okay.
She left some pamplets next to the candy bowl, some stuff about honoring the "Devil's Day" and how it IS NOT just silly fun, it's honoring Satan.
Whatever.
Didn't stop her from eating one of the cupcakes that one of the heathens brought in ( though I have to say, she did make a point of removing the gummy " eyeball" from it first)

I didn't say anything, but I really wanted to tell her that God knows people's hearts, and that she should have more faith in the good of people. I wanted to tell her that what's really evil isn't dressing in costumes, or carving pumpkins , or Trick or Treats.
Real evil is the horrible things people do to each other everyday.
Real evil is children starving due to anothers greed.
Evil is slavery, and bigotry, and hatred.
Evil is politicians starting a war based on lies, for profit.
I kept my mouth shut, though I smiled when she ate the Devil's cupcake.


***********

My Daughter is writing Fan Fiction on her message board. It's a board for this show she watches. It's a board full of pre-teen girls!
Anyway, I've read a few of the things she's written, and I couldn't be more proud!
She has a gift for dialouge.
The problem is, she types really really slowly, and her gift is cutting into my computer time.
The other thing is that this site has mods and admins that have to check every post before it shows up on the board. So she hits the "post" button and sometimes it's hours or even a day before her stuff shows up on the board. So frustrating for her. It's a really busy board too, so sometimes her part of the story doesn't come up in sync with the part she was responding to.
All messed up, but they do that so the kids don't ever post personnal info, so it's safe.
I got up at 5:40 this morning, and she was already on the computer, " writing" since 5 a.m.
I'm going to have to curb my keyboard addiction, and give her more time.

***********

Hubby is coming home tomorrow night! He'll actually be HOME til Tuesday evening!
We've got to do something about getting a car for me ( and figure out how to dispose of the Dorothy carcass in the garage. ACK! Can't think of her as a car anymore, breaks my heart)
I don't know what we are going to do.
I am pretty sure I'll be getting some snuggling, so that's something good to look forward to.


***********

Be well all!

7 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Good job with the truck. If you have to keep driving it, I'm sure it will get easier.

How neat to meet up with an old friend. I hope you two keep in touch this time.

LOL @ Jesus Girl. If someone can't find any balance then they are doomed to a miserable life, IMO.

I am not at all surprised about your DD. She gets it from her mom!

Enjoy your time with hubby! ;-)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I cannot even imagine ever driving a stick truck. You're my hero Buggy!

My best friend's name is Susan also :-) Oh and Buggy? You're still as cute as evah *smooch*

I know I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut with Jesus Girl around. You're a good person Buggy.

Of course KateyBug writes so well. She takes after her Momma.

Enjoy your time with hubby!

*HUGS*

12:37 PM  
Blogger Geggy said...

I have no advice about the truck. I don't like driving trucks either. *shudder*

Isn't it great to reconnect with an old friend? Happened to me a few years ago. Karla and I went through our entire schooling and Catholic rituals when we were kids. Kinda lost touch, but got back together about 5 years ago or so. We're as close as ever. Actually, closer. It's a wonderful thing.

Jesus Girl would HATE me! I would be going around loudly discussing the origins of Halloween and how it is such a blessed day being the eve of the day we honor our blessed dead. And my cackle would never stop.

Good writing is genetic. My mom told me so.

*smooch* Get some for me!

3:40 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I bet you lok uber-kewl in the truck!

Great how you met up with your old friend! That's awesome!

Screw the Jesus freak!!! Pffft! If she had such a problem, maybe she should've taken the day off from work!

Kewl for DD, that's not a bad habit to have.

Enjoy the hubby time! Give him lots of {{{hugs}}} & *smooches*

4:22 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Hi Buggy! I miss you! I think you should get a gun rack for your truck.

(I love reading what you write. You should write summaries.)

*smooch*

6:59 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Did you take the eyeball from her, pop it in your mouth, chomp and say "I love eyeballs" ?

11:17 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I think I may have a new post about Jesus Girl soon.
She made me so mad last week that I was shaking and almost crying.
I've been trying to like her, but she makes that so hard.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home