Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Saturday, November 12, 2005

All About Earl

So has everyone seen Earl?
The new NBC show, " My Name is Earl"?

I love Earl.
It's goodhearted, it's funny, it's refreshing.

But the real reason that I love Earl?
It reminds me, that our actions infuence others.

For those that haven't seen it, it's not like any sitcom I've ever seen before. It has no laugh track, it is filmed like a mini-movie. The main character, ( that would be Earl) learns about Karma. He decides that he hasn't been a good person, and that's why bad things happen to him.
So he makes a list of all the bad things he's done in his life, and his goal is to make up for all those things. Each week , Earl tries to fix something he's done wrong off of the list.
It's funny, and it's kind, and in fixing his "wrongs" he does great things for others, in simple ways.

The show makes me laugh, and it makes me think of how I can make my life better, of how *I* could be better. It reminds me.
Because our actions , have ripples.
Like a stone in a pond, everything we do makes tiny waves in the lives of others.
I want to make good ripples.

Now my friend Sasha , she would tell me that "good deeds" are their own reward. It's not about what you get back from being good, because being good is just how you are suppossed to be.
I 'd agree with that.

I was taught, that if you are good, and kind, that good things come back to you.
That goodness begets good fortune. Karma.
But really, it doesn't work that way. It doesn't matter if something is coming back or not. Goodness is it's own reward.

I like Earl, he reminds me that good or bad, our words, our actions, have ripples.

8 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

What Buggy wants good nipples?

I saw the first episode and loved it. However I missed all others. I am hoping to catch up when there are repeats on of other shows.

I like how it is original and has a postive theme.

WE all should be aware of our nipples!

9:23 AM  
Blogger lights said...

Hi Bug! I wish Earl was on in a different time slot. I caught a couple episodes at the beginning and really liked too.

I completely agree about getting what you give. Not sure if you've read about my friends that are going through a separation but her past actions are coming back to bite her these days. Maybe I should suggest she check out Earl.

11:39 AM  
Blogger mm said...

LOL @ Zombs!

We watch it! My dad told me about it and said it was a good show. We really like it so far.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I like that show too. It feels a bit real and I always prefer shows that assume you are smart enough to figure out what's funny without a laugh track.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

We watch it. I love Jason Lee. Great show.

8:21 AM  
Blogger ilse said...

Sometimes ice cream has ripples, too. And those are pretty good.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

And what about Jesus girl, what do you suppose she thinks? LOL!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Vh1 model search lesbian teen seduction penis tortures Louis vuitton rings Gay guys jacking dental insurance individual implants

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home