Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Odds and Ends and Stuff

The Gap

So when I was young I had a gap between my front teeth.
( Ha! You thought this was gonna be about that store. Wrong.)
Anyway, I had these gaps between my teeth because they were wrong. I had no eye teeth, (the ones on the the other side of the fronts, before the canines.)
They weren't there. They did x-rays, there were no roots for them. No eye teeth at all. Plus, my top fronts were like upsidedown looking. They were narrower at the bottom, instead of the top. But my teeth were ( are ) straight.
A dentist my Mom knew told her that braces could be used to pull the teeth together and get rid of the gaps, but then if the eye teeth suddenly showed up years later it would all be screwed up, so I didn't get braces when we had the money for them.
So I made my own braces.
I had this friend who wore one of those headgear things on her braces at night ( she has a beautiful smile now, btw) and she had all these tiny little rubber bands to hold it together. I got the idea that I could use those rubber bands to pull my teeth together. So she gave me some bands and at night I'd put one around my front four teeth to pull them together. I did not tell my mother about this till years later.
It kinda worked.
The gaps got smaller, and I could smile without having to push my tongue up against the back of my front teeth anymore.
Flashforward to when I was 20 and I had great dental insurance.
I went for a check-up and cleaning. The Dentist asked me how I liked my smile. I said it was okay, except for the missing eye teeth thing. He asked who my orthadontist was. I confessed about the rubber bands and he laughed and said I'd done a pretty good job. He said he could use bonding to reshape my teeth and make my canines look like eye teeth, and make my front teeth wider at the bottom.
It was purely cosmetic, but my insurance covered all of it!
So I got the bonding that was suppossed to last 5 to 10 yrs, my smile was fixed!

20 years later the bonding is still in place, but my teeth have begun separating again.
I have a gap between my front teeth. It is spreading.
I hate it!
Ya ya, it's cute, Madonna has one, whatever.

Do you think I should try the rubber band thing again?


The Zit

I have a zit on my chin.
It is no ordinary zit, it has been there ( in various zit stages) since August 12th.
Yes, I do know the exact date because it was there the day I started work for the new school year.
It's one of those deep zits, the kind that hurts days before it makes an actual appearance, the kind that lasts weeks before it heals. Except this fucker starts to heal up and then comes back bigger. I have squeezed it, I have left it alone, I have put all types of medicine on it. I even tried toothpaste.
It's just there.
I attempt to cover it with make-up each day, but even my patience has limits.
4 months is just too long for a zit.
I am thinking of naming it, and maybe teaching it tricks, because it's almost like a pet now.


Cold Ass

I'm fricken cold!
It's 36 right now!
I know my Rocky Mountain friend is gonna laugh at me, and my Canadian friends are gonna bust a gut. Hell, even True is gonna giggle some.
But I don't know how ya'll take a shower once the temp drops.
I hate taking my clothes off when it's cold, and getting wet is just out of the question.
I swear that if my hair didn't start looking dirty after 2 days, I wouldn't shower all winter.
I would wash my pits and ass with a warm washcloth , and that would be it! ( what my Mom used to call a whore bath, LOL!)
But I grit my teeth and take a shower, and no matter how hot the water, I never feel warm enough, because I know I have to get out of the shower again. I'll be wet and naked! I fucking hate that!
You know, once your butt gets cold, you don't feel warm again til spring.
I call it the Cold Ass.
I used to sit on the front porch bricks waiting for the school bus with Kate every morning.
No matter what I did I couldn't get that cold offa my butt. Once your butt is cold there is no warmth.
I have been a miser with the thermostat this year. You would think that 68 is warm enough in the house, but I'm cold.
Texas is weird; yesterday it was in the 80's , today the high was upper 40's.
If it was really cold here all winter, I would DIE!


Fruitcake

I was going to tell my Fruitcake story on Coco's thread at the other place. It was the perfect spot, and I don't think I've ever told it before in print. ( Beautiful tale of magic fruitcake, and new beginnings, a lovely true Christmas story)
But the darned place wouldn't load good for me, so slow.
I'll try again tomorrow, but if I don't post it there, I'll post it here.

7 Comments:

Blogger jenbeauty said...

I hate zits!

My MIL has the gap my hubby had it too, but had braces. Looks like DD is going to have it as well. I don't think its a bad thing. Gives you character among everyone who is looking perfect.

9:02 AM  
Blogger lights said...

My sister was missing a tooth too Buggy. When I told her that the dentist had discovered that I had 6 wisdom teeth (instead of the normal 4) she accused me of stealing her tooth. Concerning the gap, I think you should try vise grips this time.

*makes note not to ask Buggy to sit on my feet to warm them up* I know what you mean about dreading showers in the winter. It was -20C (-4F) this morning when I had to crawl out of my nice warm waterbed to get in the shower. So, ya, this is me busting a gut. *wink*

11:07 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Well I saw "wet and naked". Then I had to read the entire post! :D

I have a sifnificant gap between my front teeth too. This is after four years of braces (zero days of retainer, though)

My new dentist said he could fill it with bonding stuff. Do you recommend it? Does it feel weird? Does it look natural? I'm afraid I'll end up with these two HUGE teeth in front.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had a long lasting zit like that too, and you know what ended up working?

Generic 10% benzoyle peroxide. I had tons of prescription crap for it, and none of it got rid of it, but I was at the grocery store one day and bought a tube of it, even though it's SO drying (but it was like $1.37, and I was SICK of that zit). But, I used three times a day on it for a week and it finally disappeared.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quand je suis devenu la premi�re fois int�ress� par lui, il y devait tellement apprendre. Plus que je sais, plus les questions j'ai.Cheerio, Ernie is dry skin brushing good for acne scars

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was clicking the Next Blog button and caught yours, i have to say its very interesting, anyway thanks for the info.

Dental Insurance For Braces

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Hp zv5260us a64 3200 laptop review Clomid and lengthens cycle All on one bill internet phone cable Pontiac body graphics Gas mileage for an infiniti q45 gun running robert michael murray super 8 movie transfer modafinil dependence Individual dental insurance tennessee 1986 isuzu diagram http://www.shaved-pussy-4.info/mexican-shaved-girls.html Low priced i mac laptops for sale Paxil 25 mg controlled release Motels in kingston ocklahoma http://www.buy-phendimetrazine-7.info/cvbootguards.html Refinance oakland Address finder debt collection

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home