Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I Made it Through the Week!

Jesus Girl tried to kill me ( and everyone else, though I was the only one who ended up in the ER)

I saw a friend I'd never met, make a special vow ( oh so beautiful!).
Sharing her joy, even over the net, even from so far, made me feel warm and close to her.
Made me feel warm and close with the others that shared her joy.
Seeing her take her vows, made me think of my own.
There is nothing more powerful than Love.
I am so thankful, that Gloria and Shawn chose to share their moment with us.
Love lifts us up! May their life together be full of Love and comfortable times.

I learned that I have powers. I can guide people. With good thoughts, a hug, and a few well chosen words, I can make some folks do right, act right, avoid conflict. There is magic in listening.

Did I mention that Jesus girl tried to kill me?
Did I mention that she is dumb as a post?

I learned that memory is a powerful thing.
That shared memories are even more powerful.
My childhood friend, watched her daughter turn 16 tonight. I am so glad we talked tonight, we share that magic time, she and I.
That magic time between girl and woman. We knew each other before we knew who we really were, when we were becoming the women we are.

My True , made me beautiful today!
It's not about the make-up, it's that she makes me care about how I look.
It's that she makes me excited again about being pretty. She reminds me that pretty never gets old.

My brother is fun to hang out with. I know I have bitched about him living with me , ( mostly about his dogs being here) but he is just about all right .
I love him so. I enjoy spending time with him.
He knows me like no one else does, we share a childhood.
He knows me, he knows why I am how I am.
Funny, my sister thinks we had the worst childhood ever, my brother thinks we had the best.
I know that we had really good times, and really bad times. We didn't have an easy time, ever.
But we had love.
I am Thankful for Kurt.
If it wasn't for that smelly nasty pack of beasts, I'd keep him forever in my guest room.
He is good to my kid, he is good to me, he gets along great with my husband, he is the perfect brother.
The perfect friend.

The anniversary of my Mom's passing is coming up. Last year on Thanksgiving, she was in the hospital , a week later she was home, by Dec 5th she was gone.

December has always been weird.
The 3rd is my brothers birthday, the 5th is my step mother in laws birthday, the 7th is my Aunts birthday and my wedding anniversary ( and the day my older half- sister died in 2003) .
The 11th is my sisters birthday, the 14th is my mom's birthday, the 16th is my husbands birthday, the 26th is Hubby's grandpa's birthday.
We have tons of other cousins and friends with December days.
I hate December now.
I don't want to, but I do.

Wake me up, when December ends...

But I lived through this week.
I had good times this week.
I laughed and I loved, and I got a chest x-ray!
I remebered what it was like to make vows. I remembered what it was like to be young.
I remembered that , I love so many people in my life, those I've hugged, and those I've yet to hug.
So many people make my heart warm, make my life special, make it all interesting.

I made it through the week, smiling by the end of it.

If I take a dive, in December?
Don't worry, I'll be back.

14 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Dood. That was a long post.

rose<------short attention span.

Anyhow, Love ya, glad jesus didn't get you yet; have a good december!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*hugs* For some stupid reason, I don't feel like being sarcastic after that post.
I must be losing it.
Very reflective, E. I enjoyed this post very much. *smooch*

9:16 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

REally beautiful Buggy.

I remember last Christmas Eve(1st without my dad, but DS's first Christmas) being home with just DD cause she was sick. DH had taken DS to his family's Chirstmas Eve celebration. I had driven DD around to look at lights and then we went home and she went to bed. I went online to the Other Place and I don't remember really what you said but I do remember feeling very comforted and not so alone. You were facing your first Christmas without your mom. I do remember your kindness.

It's ok to be sad. Just remember to be happy to.

smooch.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

*hugs* Buggy.

I know exactly how you feel about December, because I feel the same about September. (That Green Day song really gets me.) My dad's death and my birthday are 1 day apart. The first year is the hardest. We'll be here if you need to talk. *smooch*

12:52 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Hi Buggy,

I knew it coming up, but didn't know the date. I know this year will be tough on you, and if you take a dive, please remember how much you're loved and needed here, at the other place, and in life in general. You are such a special person, even those who've not had the pleasure of meeting you in person can feel it.

{{hugs}} sweetie.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

love you, buggaboo!

6:56 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Big {{{hugs}}} for the Bug!

I *heart* the Bug!

*smooch*

7:44 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

What did Jesus Freak do to you?

8:22 PM  
Blogger lights said...

It's 7:20am on Monday morning and I've had tears in my eyes twice already. Once watching Glowie's wedding and again reading this.

*hugs* Love ya Buggybabe. I love reading your words. You have such a way with them.

I'm not so crazy about December myself, and I even have my own birthday then. Between my family and Dave's we've had five funerals during the month of December over the years. Hold on Buggy, 2006 will be a better year.

6:37 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

{{HUGS}} for Buggy.

Can I come down there and kick Jesus Girl's ass? I know that won't help with the rest, but it would provide a little bit of satisfaction.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

That was lovely Buggy. Remember, you can lean on us.
*HUGS*

10:26 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Buggy you always make me feel good! Sorry about jesus girl...you are ok right? Whats with the chest x-ray...{{hugs}}.

12:01 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I love the Bug, yes I do.

You always make my heart happy with your words.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Okay, for those who don't know what my co-worker did to send me to the ER for an X-ray, I guess I should explain. ( I also posted a bit about it on the other place Work Rant Questions or something like that)

Anyway, she mixed bleach into a 5 gallon mop bucket of Ammonia based floor cleaner.
The fumes were filling the place, and since everyone else was done and towards the front of the building, it was up to me to go take the bucket away from her ( she was coughing and choking, and still mopping!) and tell her o go get some fresh air.
I had no idea what it was, I just thought she'd used too much bleach in water. She never told me what was in there, as I rolled the bucket out with my face right over it, breathing in poisen clorine gas.
Then I found out what it was and went back into the room to open the doors and turn on the fans to vent it.
Throat burning, and feeling even worse the next day, I asked for an accident report and to go to the ER.
So the gal who started the whole mess, said she felt fine!
Oh, and she claimed she didn't know it was dangerous, says she mixes cleaning solutions all the time at home!

I just don't understand how a woman in her 40's who has raised children doesn't know that you don't mix cleaning chemicals.

Anyway, I should be fine, I hope.

Oh and Hi to Stressed Out! Do I know you from someplace else?

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home