Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Friday, October 21, 2005

Head Voices

I don't want to talk about what that woman did to her children.
Too upsetting, too horrific to even imagine, so I'm not going there.

I want to talk about why everytime someone claims they hear voices in their head, it's because they did something awful.

Don't crazy people ever do good things because of voices, silly things?

I mean, like how come the voices never tell them to wash all their neighbors cars at 2 a.m.?
Why aren't there head voices that say , "plant flowers in the park" or " Take sacks of potatoes to soup kitchens " or maybe " Take old magazines to Hospitals" ?

No.
The fucking head voices always tell people to do bad, ugly, unimaginable things.

Just once I'd like to hear about a woman who says, " I dragged all the furniture out on the front lawn and painted the bathroom orange, because the voices in my head told me to."
Or some guy who says, " I had to blow bubbles at everyone wearing yellow, the voices said to,"

Unfortunately people only listen to the bad voices, they never do what the silly voices tell them to do.



* This post is in no way meant to disparage the mentally ill*

10 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I listen to the voices all of the time.

This one time at band camp...Oh wait, I shouldn't tell that one.

There was the time that that this nice woman on the street asked if I would take her on a date...oh wait, I shouldn't tell that one either.

Well, let's just say that I listen to the voices in my head and they tell me to do good things all the time.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

You funny.
The voices tell me I need another Miller High Life!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

My voices have had me drinking bloddy marys and shots of some apple stuff I have. Pucker. Apple Pucker. *does shot*

10:47 PM  
Blogger mm said...

My voices tell me to listen to everything buggy says. And my voices tell me to ignore Carey.

I agree with you buggy (of course). I'm tired of the bad voices winning out.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Buggah buggah boo buggah

11:00 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I'm eating bread.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Maybe the good voices are the ones that give you dreams about gumballs and fun stuff like that.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Or it's the good voices that make me try and seduce the Wheeze.

11:22 PM  
Blogger kl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:55 PM  
Blogger kl said...

I have a client that eats Little Debbies so that he can communicate with the aliens and they will feed all the little children in the world. ;)

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home