Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Friday, May 13, 2005

Yard Sale Heaven

I ask you, what is better than a community yard sale in your own community?
Okay, now add that it's an upscale neighborhood ( for my town), and that residents got to go early.
Not enough? Add that there was this little cart that drove around serving Beer, Wine and Margaritas! ( and they weren't allowed to sell alcohol so they gave it away for whatever donation you wanted to give to the Fire Dept! I overpaid for my margarita because the old guy selling them was really cute.)

It was awesome! And it was so big we didn't even see all of it, and it's right down the street, and I get to go back tomorrow!
*sigh*
What a buzz!
I got a South Park Soundtrack CD for 50cents!
I bought a brand new hardcover Dean Koontz that I don't own and haven't read for $1 ( the spine wasn't even broken, and the original prica tag said $30)
I bought a brand new 2 video set ( still in the shrink wrap new) copy of one of my favorite movies for $1 ( Giant! Love it! Rock Hudson is gorgerous, and James Dean is brooding, Elizabeth Taylor really was stunning)

I bought a beautiful blue glass bottle for the shelf over my tub for 2 bucks!
I bought a new keybord for the puter for a buck, and I actually needed it!

I bought a pile of crappy paperbacks for 10 cents each. Damn it was fun!

I think I spent less than 15 bucks , including the margaritas!

It's supposed to storm tonight.
I hope it misses us, I'd hate for all that cool shit to get soggy, because I wanna go back tomorrow.
Did I mention there was music and dancing and food?
Coolest thing ever.
I confess , I didn't miss my husband at all. He woud have never gone with me, and if he did he would have wanted to leave after 5 minutes.
I am so glad my work buddy talked me into going.
Sheesh! I think I'm shopping high!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

booze and garage sales, eh? i can't decide if that sounds like a lotta fun or a big-bar-like- fight-over-some-35-cent-piece-o-crap-
ashtray-waiting-to-happen.

the purchases you made? i'm most jealous. the folks in my neighborhood fear both south park and dean koontz. again, i'm more likely to end up with an overpriced ashtray.

AND i'd be sober while shopping.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY BUG! How fun!!! I LOVE garage sales! I just helped my folks with theirs for their city-wide last weekend (only theirs didn't have booze --- your town knows how to do it right! :) ) I took a break Sat. afternoon and did some of my own shopping and got a Coleman camping stove for $5.00! I was thrilled with my treasure!

I'm glad your coworker talked you into going too....sounds like you had a blast!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a blog and I was not informed? WTF is that? And it's nice, the bug soup.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

You spent half-a-dollar on a South Park CD!!
Shock, horror.
Shame, SHAME on you.
Whatever next, Celine Dion?

6:51 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Hi Pooh! I thought I sent you the link.

Oh and Blue. I would have maybe bought a Josh Grobin if I'd found one for a quarter.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Blue sticks out tongue and blows raspberries to the west.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I'm proud to admit that I've never seen South Park, nor Star Wars, and I intend to keep it that way. I do have a Dean Koontz (the one you recommended) waiting for me on the nightstand though. I'm glad you enjoyed the big sale. Sounds like my kindof fun, and the margs? Bonus!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! laser tattoo removal ozona Engine minnesota optimization search car gps maps Pure perfection proactiv Bets metasearch

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home