Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What's New With Me

As if anyone is interested.
Still reading?
Okay, guess you are!

****************

I still hate the dogs.
They know I'm intimidated by them, they have to know. Afterall I cringe whenever I am near them ( and sneeze). Cringing seems to send some doggy message that means, JUMP ON ME!
So they do.
I have scratches all over me from those dogs. My Brother just will not trim their nails. I dare not wear shorts in my own home anymore, the scratches on my legs haven't healed yet.
A friend asks me what happens when it gets hot, because it can get very hot in my garage in the summer ( it is Texas), and I say that they may die in there. I don't know what to do about them. I only know that I was promised there would be a place for The Dogs, if I let my brother come here. He agreed no dogs in my house, and he lied. So if they die because he didn't take care of them it isn't my fault, because homeless people don't get to have pets. They sure don't get to take a pack of dogs to someone elses home.
And he lost another job this week.

*******************

I am doing a new job!
I didn't get a new job, I do it at the same place for the same pay, and mostly it's the same, only now I am the cashier instead of the server on my Lunchline. It's actually working out okay, I'm having more fun than I've had in a long time.
The gal I'm working with has been there for years , but never worked this line before. She was grumpy and seriously burned out. I am so glad she got moved with me in the snackbar. I didn't think it would work out ( she was GRUMPY) , but working with me she is having fun! We are clicking. She was singing and dancing today at work! She told me , in front of everyone, that she loved working with me. Said I was supportive and cheerful and cared about the kids.
It was a moment.
Maybe the moment that is going to help me get through this last month without screaming at someone. It was all I could do to keep smiling.
But I think it's gonna be okay now. Sometimes a little change, can make a big change.

This is something most don't know about me. But I am always so close, like an inch away, from plunging into depression. Yes, I am really cheerful and upbeat, because I have to be. Clinical depression runs in my family, runs in me at times, and I didn't leave my house for almost 5 years. I have to force myself to go to work most days.
I was agoraphobic, I had panic attacks if I had to get into a car. I'd be a hermit if I could.
After my Mom died I went back to work within days, because the temptation to just crawl into bed was too great. I knew if I went to bed, if I just hid from the world like I wanted to, that it would be very hard to come back out of it.
I'm outgoing by nature, I like people, and I don't want to hide, but part of me does.
So the thing at work? Good for me! Getting the job in the first place was good for me.

***************
My Daughter had a piece of her artwork entered in the local Youth Art Show. Her teacher talked her into entering it. It's a big deal in our little town. The Lake Granbury Art Association , puts on a Youth Art Show every year. Teachers from all the schools enter their favorite pieces. They are judged by medium and grade ( it's 4th to 8th grades), and first, second and third place awards are given for each project, with a Best of Show award given for each grade level.

So Katie and I go on Saturday. It was really terrific, we had a great time. Loved the art projects! I got some great ideas. I was a bit dissapointed in the project that won first place in the medium Kate's was entered in. It was Decopouge. Most of the projects were dimensional and vibriant, and really expressive. The one with the first place ribbon on it was flat and plain and small and had no color, not that good. We were just happy her teacher had chosen to enter hers, it's a big honor., and it was so cool to see Katie's piece matted and displayed in a Gallery setting.
We were told there would be a reception with cookies and punch on Sunday if we wanted to attend. I didn't want to eat cookies and drink punch with people I didn't know on a perfectly good Sunday ( besides I ended up hungover that day) . We didn't go to the reception.

Monday afternoon Katie comes home from school, and informs me that they announced Best of Show on Sunday at the reception, ( no one told me this on Saturday, they only said there'd be cookies) .
My Child won the Best of Show!
Her art piece got the highest honor out of every other 7th grade entry!
I was so proud I cried! ( so glad I didn't cry in front of the cookies and punch group , I'm still glad we didn't go on Sunday!)
My child can make Art from tissue paper and Modge Podge, and that is AWESOME! That it was awarded is even better, because she has aways been an artist, but she can't draw for shit.
She makes dolls from scraps of fabric and wire, she makes sculpture from twigs and rocks, she has been designing amazing things since she was two, but she doesn't draw like people think drawings should be. I think she is brilliant. Now she has a ribbon that proves it!

****************

Hubby is coming home this weekend! I know I should clean house, but isn't it more important that it looks like what he is used to?

7 Comments:

Blogger Supes said...

Yay for Katiebug! That's so great!

And I'm glad for the change for you. You don't need to hermitize yourself. It's too important that you are there for the grouchy in this world.

2:37 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

Congrats to Katie! That is just awesome!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Jolene said...

Still reading! :)

Not to be repetitive, bug congrats to Katie! That is awesome.

And I am also really glad for you and how you are doing. It takes a strong person to be able to deal with what you are going through.

10:11 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Very cool that you are working with a lady that makes your job fun! Good on you!

That is great about your daughter. Sounds like she enjoys art and is good at it.

Oh, and reading your journal makes me smile.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad bad doggies.

good good daughter.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Are the dogs still there? Buahahahahaha!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP best western ripon wisconsin In picture position pregnant sex Penis enlargement peni health Fioricet drug fiorecet information antispam download review incredimail anal fucking lesbians

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home