Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Friday, January 23, 2009

I Am Woman!

I am tired!

So last year I quit my job to do Home Projects.
It was good, I got some stuff done, but no where near what I wanted to get done.
( with more money I could do so much)
I am always picturing a new something, a cleaner thing.
And my wants aren't extravagant, just a little better.

(For instance, the house has the same crummy construction paint that it had when it was built. That would be okay, except when I wash a wall the paint comes off. So the whole house needs interior paint.)

I don't know why I complain at all.
I want more money, but I want to work less hours. ( and I should complain about a 9 a.m. t0 3 p.m. shift? Sometimes it's 9-2)

I want to be home more, I want to work 3 days a week, but that doesn't pay enough for me to do the projects I want.
Whine!

I want a chicken for my kitchen! Dammit!
(I saw several that were awesome at Hobby Lobby, but I can't buy a $30 chicken, that's crazy!)

So I do what I can,.
I can buy cans of paint at WalMart for 12 bucks, and I can bust my ass painting walls on my days off.

One wall at a time, one room at a time.
I had this whole week off.

Up the ladder, down the ladder ( I bought a cheap wooden ladder at a yard sale but it is way too shakey and I almost fell a couple times, so now I have my neighbors ladder ( It is almost tall enough, if I stand on my toes)

Took me two days to do the kitchen and dining area, but the living room wall connects, so I'll have to do it too. Very high ceilings in there.

Hubby helped.
He helped peel the tape off after I was done.

For about 8 months I tried to discuss color options with him and he didn't want to hear it.
So I went ahead and did it without him.

Last Summer Katie and I painted the front bathroom and the guest room. We re-wallpapered the bathroom border ( we had to, after I removed the ugly pink stuff , I found that it had been floated out smooth, and paint wouldn't stick, and there was no texture under the paper so we put up new. And we did an awesome job! Our first time with wallpaper and you can't see the seams.)

Last night he questioned something ( after I'd been working all day on the house) and I looked at him and said,

" Are you picking up a paintbrush? Because if you aren't, the time for your imput is long gone."

His answer was . " I hate painting!"

The living room is going to be a chore, high ceilings, 12 feet.
Hubby won't help.
He says he won't help.
He got pissed when I asked if he would help me tape it off.
But I am going to need him to move the electronics stuff.
I figure I'll just paint around it til I can't anymore, and then he'll have to move the TV and the stereo.

I am woman, watch me paint!

( But damn it hurts, my knees ache, my hands are cramping, my back aches, and the dissapointment hurts most of all)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Impressed! I am totally not the painter in my house. Not at all.

When we moved in here, our living room was green and sponged. Ye gods. I was also pregnant and the plan was never for me to paint. Hubby did that living room first. Then our nursery. He finished Conner's room about 3 days before I went into labor (six weeks early), so that was okay.

My house needs to be painted too. Except for Conner's room, which has been painted twice in the five years we've been here. And the dining room, which we did, and it's fine.

I tried to help DH paint the trim when we got our floors re-done. We should have waited.

We have textured ceilings, which can't really be painted. And the dopes before us screwed them up a little.

All of my painting has to wait until Hubby's project car is done. So probably this summer.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

The market had chicken half price a couple of weeks ago. Oh, not that kind of chicken?

I like painting. You can see what you've accomplished immediately and it's long-lasting.

I wouldn't even consult the hubby. Many men don't care about those details.

7:13 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

You are a rock star! Chris says he won't help, thinks painting is a waste of time (he's not a big fan of change). Once I'm underway, though, he usually can't help himself (the control freak in him).

I like to paint when he's gone to avoid the drama.

8:50 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

If you come over to my house to help me paint, I'll gladly split the duties 50/50. I'll even let you pick out the paint color and I won't complain about it.

I hate painting, but oh lordy does the house need it.

*stares adoringly at Buggy*

7:04 PM  
Blogger Tummy said...

I would absolutely come down and help you paint if I didn't have to work!

I love painting and you rock!

So what color did you go with anyway? and...I'm glad you got a better ladder! I think hubby should have made you some scaffolding. Much safer and easier for you.

*smooch

8:39 AM  
Blogger maroonclown said...

You rock!

I hate the prep work for painting so Carlos does all that. The compound, the sanding, blech!

Then I swan in like a star and put the colour on.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home