Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Have a Job Interview!

So I have been enjoying the Domestic thing, very muchly.
I feel like I have uncluttered my home, and my mind. I am feeling organized finally, after several years of chaos. I have reconnected with my kid, and maybe on the road to reconnecting with my husband.
The original plan was to take 2 months off , regroup, reorganize, get some sleep, and concentrate on my health and family.
I feel I've done that.
I am satisfied that I accomplished what I needed to in my time off.
It's been 3 months, and it's time to go back to work.

I want more money.
I didn't quit my job without thought, I was sure we wouldn't be lacking before I chose to take the break. We'd be tight, no extras, but we ended up with unexpected expensives , (isn't that always the way?) Hubby didn't have the overtime we expected, and gas prices went up, his commute cost more, medical expensives, etc.
Not spending any money was harder than I thought, but we did okay.
Being at home only made me see all the home improvements I wanted to do.
Being home would be much more fun if someone paid me to do it.
So it was time to look for work, I need a pedicure.

Last month I started doing the job search thing, and I just don't think I'm good at looking for a job.
I go in all confident and sure of my skills, knowing what an assest I'd be to anyone who is lucky enough to hire me, and leave having filled out an application, sure that I don't look good on paper , and worried if I answered right about my education ( none) and if I wore the right shoes.
I am all confidence , and yet not confident at all.

Hubby tells me not to worry, not to settle for another crappy job, take my time, find something good. He also yells at me over money.
And if it really comes down to money, both of my last jobs would hire me back in a second, I could go to work tomorrow, in a low paying go nowhere job that I would give my all to, I could.
But this time I have set my sights a little higher, and hope I can wait.

So I have been filling out applications, signed up for the State job search thing, search the ads in the local paper everyday. Not a call back , not a nibble in 4 weeks.

I am all POSITIVE THINKING!
I am saying ,
"The perfect job for me is coming to me now!"
"I am finding the perfect job that is finding me!"
"I am the perfect person for the right job, right now!"

Because when it really comes down to it, I am a fucking optimist, Dammit!
I know, even when I'm feeling down , feeling low, that I bounce.
I am a half full glass kinda gal!

( I don't even want to be an optimist, even when I want to be sad I can't for long , it's like this weird Pollyanna brightside curse thing. It's not funny!)

The very first application I filled out, 4 weeks ago, was for a job with the City.
Good benefits, nice pay, the hours I want ( I don't want to work nights and weekends anymore) .
And they called, this week, twice. They want to interview me in person tomorrow. It isn't for the first job I applied for, but they had another open the day I went in, and I was told I could have my application routed to both departments, and this one I am actually better qualified for.
I know that if they don't hire me it wasn't the right job for me, but I think I want it.
I really think I want it.

So if you are reading this, and you want to maybe send me some positive vibes, that would be really nice.

Friday at 3 p.m. central time, send some light to your Buggy pal!

Ya'll be safe, and well!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

I missed the time to send good vibes, but I hope it went well!

11:27 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Just read this now but like Arkie, I'm sending good vibes too. I was thinking of you last weekend while watching the race at TMS.

*love & hugs to the Bug family*

PS: Want some snow? It's a total winter wonderland outside this morning. *pout*

7:22 AM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

can't wait to hear how much you love this job once you've been hired, buggy!! good things come to those who wait...and who are cute and smart, too.

10:38 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

A city job would be nice...lots of vacation and holidays off! I love my state job in many ways. The only thing I hate is non-merit based raises. They are in the process of altering it a bit, so that you must get at least an "satisfactory" on your performance review to receive a budgeted cost of living raise every two years.

I'd hire you for something. You are smart, kind and personable. Plus, staying home probably honed your organizing skills. :-)

12:36 PM  
Blogger MM said...

*sending belated positive vibes*

*smooch*

2:18 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Thanks ya'll!
Keep sending the good job thoughts, I won't hear until probably next week.
I think I did well, I think they liked me, I hope I was the best one they interviewed because I think I am the right person for them, and I really want this job.

I was interviewed by a panel of 4 people, I wasn't prepared for that, but wasn't nervous really til it was all over, than I started getting anxiety.
But I know I did my best, and I either get it or not.

But I'm getting it!!

Good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts

1:02 PM  
Blogger ilse said...

If you need a reference, give them my name. I'll tell them how awesome you are!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

All good job vibes, and I hope it's a good fit for you, Buggy.

I like your positive mantra. Keep saying it everyday.

I'll be looking for a job come June, to help pay for Cait's college. I'm not looking forward to it. Oh, look at me, the eternal pessimist.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Tummy said...

Hope it went well Buggy! Really, really late positive vibes.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

No positive thoughts are late. Today is a great day to send the job vibes since I think today is the day that the panel sends their recommendation to the person who will make the final decision.

I bought a skirt to wear for my first day, I'm ready!
I keep picturing myself behind the desk that I'll be sitting at. I am mentally depositing paychecks, I am picking out the color of my new car.

The perfect job is mine!

Thanks everyone, you guys are best friends ever!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Working for the city would be fantastic. Can you say "pension and benefits?"

My husband's office was posting on Craigslist and Monster.com for job offers.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*squints* Will this job pay $20 million? *grin*

8:15 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

The job pays good Bravie, but I'm not sure it pays as well as collecting cans.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still sending good vibes, although I am late.

Good luck Buggy!!!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home