Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dawning of a New Day - And Other Stuff!

Reminds me of that song, we sang it in 7th grade Chorus Class.

this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

I was a high soprano way back then , which will be funny to anyone who has ever heard my voice on the phone. ( I don't sing anymore, btw)

So a little of this and that for this entry.

1. My trip sucked. Which is sad because I get to travel so rarely.
Okay so only like 70% of it sucked, but that is enough for me. I'll be staying home for awhile.
Remember that scene from Lilo and Stitch, the one where she says , " My Friends need to be punished"? That is how I feel about my trip.
Can I get an " awwwwwwww" ?
Like the airsick wasn't enough, some of them were just plain mean.
I seriously think I would have had a better time with my net friends, than with the people I was with.

2. Loving my new neighbors!
They are so fun, so nice! I think they may become lifefriends .
They are Canadian, from Alberta and have this weirdly cute way of saying things. They drag out their vowels.
Now I am one of those people who mimic without trying. I will adopt your accent easily, and give me a few drinks and I will unconsciously adapt to your whole speaking pattern.
I don't mean to. I am not mocking you, I just do it. I just adapt to a different speaking cadance very easily.
So I keep trying not to mimic the way my new friend speaks, but it's hard, because I naturally fall into the speach pattern of whomever I'm talking to.
She laughs at me. I like her.
Her kids are great too, they think Katie is a goddess.

3. I think I may have found THE PERFECT JOB FOR ME!
I don't have it yet, but I think maybe.
If it isn't, they won't call me, that is how I'll decide if it is perfect or not.
They have my resume, my contact there knows I am interested.
I am leaving it up to powers beyond me, and trying not to worry about it.

4. The Secret.
Hey you know all that media hype about " The Secret"?
Like the whole idea of thinking positive and using afirmations is new?
*LAUGH*
My Mom was teaching us that stuff way back when we were kids.
She knew it, and her life still sucked.
But I DO know that staying positive, is better than lying in bed crying all day.
( Not that I would do that , very often)
Can you make your world better?
Of course, but only slightly.
I was raised on that shit, and still I struggle with it.
I have decided it is better to be positive, no matter what the universe gives you.
Make lemonade.

5. My Kid is an Brilliant Artist!
I am still trying to figure out how she is going to feed herself, but she is really brilliant!
I mean, she is amazing in how she thinks.
But she is so outside mainsteam, that I am not sure there is a market for her kind of genius.
She is weird, but good weird, amazing talented weird, but how do you make a living on that?
And how do I convince her that showering daily is good?

6. I worry about everything.
EV. ER .EY . THING
My Grandmother used to say that "Worry" was a wasted emotion, that it didn't matter if you fretted , things would be , as they would be.
No matter how much you worried, you couldn't change things, and if you could change it, worrying about it wasn't the way to do it.
I try to remember that, but I've never been good at it.


And Peace will guide the planets, and Love will stear the stars


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sis. Ive figured out why positive thinking didnt work for mom. She did not have unwavering faith. Her faith wavered quite often, wavering between positive thinking and well, you know. She was positive when she felt good so dont give up on The Laws of Attraction! Love you!
Deena

9:23 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Yo -

Re: Katiebug.

There is always a market for talented, if not "mainstream", artists. Is she a reader? If so, you might want to pick up a couple graphic novels for her to read - I'm particularly fond of Persepolis; it's a very good, very historically interesting read, and the artist does very plain but expressive work.

If I can somehow cough up a rather not-technical graphic short story, I have no doubt that an actual talented artist could do the same, if not better.

Encourage! Encourage!

::hugs, too::

11:07 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I was going to suggest Slicey might have a good pulse on the Katie talents...lo and behold, there she is!

Aren't Canucks the BEST?!? I love their accents! When lightsy says "about" I almost pee myself every time. Ok, so I mock her. I'll admit that.

Psst...I was a soprano too, which makes me laugh. I have a deep voice, always have. I think I sucked so bad it didn't matter where I was.

I'm so bummed that your trip sucked. You needed a good trip. I guarantee net friends would've been a better time. That's been my experience.

The Secret is such a bunch of hooey, IMHO. Yes, positive thinking is good and powerful, but to hype it like it has been...*rolls eyes*

Good attitude about the job. As I see it, there are two choices, to go at it ferociously or to let what-will-be, be. Right now, I think your plate is full enough and tenacity might be a little hard to pull off.

I don't think I've hugged you today. *hug* I'm so glad you are keeping up your blog.

1:35 PM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

OMG. We really are twins.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Re: Katie and showering. DD is 12 almost 13, it's still a struggle. She's doing much much much better, but still not showering daily.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

My Sister is right about the 'Secret' thing. Mom taught us those lessons years ago, but she had major troubles with depression, so she faltered in Faith.
I do believe there is something to the belief. I do believe the universe wants us to be the best we can be.
And again like my wise baby sis says, the hype is tacky, but that doesn't make it any less worthy.

Slice! You are like a paryer answered!
You remind me that talant can make a living, and that I should have faith in my kid, and not worry so much. She does read, and she writes, and she draws the characters from her stories. She also is hooked on her computer graphics classes, and doing pretty well in them. She likes Manga, it should be just a short jump to get her interested in graphic novels.
Thanks Babe!!

*HUGS* Weltek!
You always know how to make me smile. Thanks!

Flies!
Are we? So much alike?
I love that ( though I know that means things are rough for you too)
I know people throw that "twins" thing around, but you and me? The being born just hours apart, there IS a definate conection. I know it!
Love ya!

Oh Breezy! The shower thing! What is that about?
I would be happy with every other day if she didn't have such thick hair. Actually, I think I would be happy with every other day.
Why do I have to remind her still?
My kid is just younger than I was at her age, because if I don't tell her to shave her legs and her pits, she doesn't. I can see putting off your legs, but how do you forget to shave your pits?? YUCK!
I thought that if I got her hair done the way she wanted she would take better care of it, so I got her fresh highlights, and even let her get blue streaks in her hair.
She refused to wash it because she didn't want the blue to fade.
TEENAGERS!!!!!!!
If you ever want to gripe about the teen girl thing?
I'm your ear, Baby! I get it!
Mine is a little older, but emotionally, she is much closer to 14 than 16.

Thanks all, for still reading me.
I know I have been bad at responding at your places, but I love reading you guys!
I would have had a better vacation with ya'll, I know it!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Tummy said...

Hey Buggy, I'm late to the party, but....and since I'm so late to the party everyone has already said what I would have only better, so.....just hugs.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

An update! First of all, happy birthday. Second, I saw an Oprah about "The Power of Attraction." It sounded just like "The Secret" but with a different name. We've heard about positive outlook for everything, including for illnesses, for years. They keep re-inventing the wheel.

Katie sounds like all the multi-millionaire computer geeks. Who knows what she may discover?

Forget about the IRL friends. We need to all get together! However, I'm happy for you for getting a great new neighbor!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding The Secret...has anyone here seen it??? Although I dont like the hype and I hate the fact that it has the "Oprah stamp of approval" on it but the concepts and ideas are very true and credible. I think what "The Secret" provides is an education regarding the laws of attraction to people that arnt familiar with these concepts. If you dont believe, oh well...if you do, these ideas and concepts can be put into motion. Its all about faith and gratitude in life.
The Oprah show about the "power of attraction" featured Louise Hay...and incredible woman that is all about healing your life. I love her!
Deena

8:21 PM  
Blogger frodis said...

Buggy,

For what it's worth, it took me a long time to decide that showering daily was a good thing. I was probably 15. Part of it was that I was a WAY late bloomer, physically, and part of it was that it took too long to shower, wash hair, dry hair, curl bangs, aqua-net the heck out of bangs, etc. Plus, Aqua net lasted a few days. :)

She'll realize it's a good thing eventually.

Also, there will be a place for her talents. You believe in her, which is more than a lot of brilliantly talented artists have going for them. Keep encouraging her and someone will discover how brilliant she is and give her an opportunity to grow with that.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

My Deena is wise, people, listen to her!

My Katie poopoo'ed the idea of a graphic novel thing, and then, about 2 days later said, " I think I could make a story with my characters, like a graphic novel thing."

I LOVE YOU SLICE!

I promised her new blue streaks if she would keep her hair clean and brushed, so far that is working.

And Frodis, she doesn't ever blowdry or style her hair,she hates the blowdryer ( has anyone ever met a 16 yr old who didn't want to touch a blowdryer?)
Those with straight, want curls, those with curls, want straight, those with thick perfect awesome hair, don't appreciate it.
So it goes.

Puffy is right, IRL friends are over-rated ( for the most part).
You all have become my REAL friends, and as my kid would say,
" Deal with it!"

Love you all!
I don't deserve all the goodness I get from you!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home