Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Need to Get Better

I went to the Doctor today.

I wouldn't have gone, except I found this weird lump under my armpit that didn't hurt, and my neighbor felt it, and my hubby felt it, and they both said to go have the Doctor feel it.

Doctor liked that it was a surface type lump, that we could feel all of it, that it was small ( large pea) and that my mamagram from 3 months ago was clean.

Doctor wants to watch it, but she thinks it's a small cyst. It's nothing, we'll watch it.
But she talked to me, like my awesome Doctor always does, and I left with anti-depressants.
Because I need them.


I hate that I need them, but I think I do this time.
No, I know that I do.


Just that I wasn't able to write for so long, was a symptom for me.
That I would sleep all day if I could, should have been a warning.
Staring at the walls doing nothing for hours, was a sign.
That I was crying while telling the Doctor that I didn't cry , well, that may have been a symptom.
So I'll try the new meds.


And I need a new project.
I do so much better when I have one.
So I bought some supplies and some paint, and have taped off the front bathroom.
Tomorrow I start painting the house, one wall at a time.
Steve hates it, he won't help me, but he won't stop me.


I have no idea what I am doing, but I will crack open that paint can tomorrow, and I will order that wallpaper border tomorrow.

I am going to own this house, if only with my sweat.
And hopefully, I'll be able to sleep on the new meds.

21 Comments:

Blogger yvonne said...

I'm glad you went to the doctor, sweetie.

One day at a time.
One wall at a time.
One hour at a time.

Please know I am sending you love and support.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so glad you got some meds. Worked for me...and it wont be forever. Just till you get past this really challanging time. Keep me posted about the booby OO lump!
Deena

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: if I was there I would feel it too!
D.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: if I was there I would feel it too!
D.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

The lump is in my airmpit, Deena.
But glad to know you wanna feel me up.
HAHA!

Thanks Y, *HUGS* and LOVE to you!

Me and Katie painted the bathroom!

10:59 AM  
Blogger kevingrout said...

*hugs to buggy*

It's amazing what a new coat of paint can do to a house.

Hope you're feeling better.

11:29 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Better living through better chemistry, that's what I say. :-)

I hope the lump is just a cyst. I get cysts fairly often, but I can definitely see where that area would be a major concern. *hug*

Yay for paint! A new coat of paint can actually do wonders to the mood. Chris doesn't like to give into painting, but usually does once I have about half done. :-)

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess its because MY boobys are so large that they ARE part of my arm pit...only when I lay on my back though. Hehehe
Send me pics of the painted bathroom!
Deena

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs for the bug*

8:46 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I live life thro chemistry and wouldn't have it any other way. It took until the third type to find the right one.

Lumps are scary and I'm glad you checked it out.

Painting can put a whole new atmosphere to a room. And I love the feeling when I've accomplished something.

hugs

9:59 AM  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

Sorry to hear about the sleepless nights. I know too much about those. I hope you feel better on the meds.

Love ya Bug!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Tummy said...

Hope the meds work, can't have a weepy Buggy and keep us posted on the cyst.

What color did you paint the bathroom?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

HEY!!!! Hi. *grin*

9:46 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'm sending you love and support, too. Doing a project where you can see what you accomplished is great!

6:25 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Bug hon, sorry I missed your last post. I did, however, see where Weltek was mocking me about my Canuck accent. *rolls eyes* Silly Kim. Canadians make great neighbors. I wish I could be your neighbor.

I'm glad you are taking the meds. I took them for a while. My little sister did too. She was the one who convinced me to try them. They helped both of us get through bad times and then we were done with them.

My sister had a lump that turned out to be a cyst before Christmas. For the record, she wouldn't let me feel it.

Good luck with the painting. Need any painting advise? Just ask...I've painted my entire house in the past year. Like Augie said, one wall at a time.

Sorry your trip didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped. Next trip? Come to Canada and visit me. Breezy and Carey survived it. *grin*

Love ya, E.

5:11 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Just checking back to a) Poke Lightsy and b) See what's up with the cyst of mystery.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Tummy said...

Joining Kim in the poking! *poke

7:11 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

How are things going? What's up with the cyst? Are you sleeping/feeling better?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

Buggy, give us an update, please. *smooch*

2:37 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Perhaps you need another volunteer to feel you up? I give free mammograms.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Carey, my dream to have you feel me up!

I updated, I meant to be funny, I had a whole rant on constipation planned, it was funny, the stooopid laptop lost it.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home