Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Hubby Stories

Well the Hubby is HOME!
He has been home since the Thursday before Xmas.
It's the longest he has been home since the end of March.
I have been so looking forward to this time , things were rough when he left, and having him home for only 3 days out of the month, has never felt like a normal life.
I got stories!

The Bathtub incident

So the Hubby wants to soak in the tub.
We got a great bathtub. It's big, it's deep , it has whirlpool jets. It's like the best bathtub ever! It's like a jacuzzi in the house.
He's been in it before , it is big enough for two, but never has he been in the tub by himself.
So I draw him a bath in the great tub, ( I add mineral salts and some nice smelly spa bath stuff)
He doesn't know how to work the whirlpool since he never has. I come in to check on him , and he is having an enjoyable soak.
I turn on the jets, and I turn them up. He loves it.
I leave to get a drink , lock the door , and then to join him.
He doesn't know I plan to join him , and maybe that was my mistake.
When I come back a few minutes later, he is out of the tub, but the jets are still on!!!
The entire bathroom is flooding.

Imagine this; You enter a bathroon and see water spraying everywhere! I mean everywhere!
There is my Husband, outside the tub, trying frantically to figure out how to turn it off.
He's naked, trying to block the water spray, while at the same time trying to turn it off.

And the jets are spraying everywhere!!
There is water all the way on the other side of the room, it's pooling on the baseboards!
I have suddenlly lost my sexy mood.
I go straight into wife mode, grabbing towels trying to save carpet, screeching about the flooded room.
He is standing there naked asking , " How the Fuck, do you turn this thing off!?!"

I should have laughed.

It was fucking funny as hell.
Why didn't I laugh?
Oh , I laughed later, but not when I should have.
I should have laughed right then and there, so he would know that it wasn't a big deal, so he wouldn't have lost his good bath feeling.
We fixed it, the flood and the mood, later.
But I shouldn't have freaked out over some wet carpet, because it was really funny.
Hubby bending naked over the tub, trying to block the spray while at the same time trying to turn off the tub jets.
It was classic.

The Best CD

I bought Hubby a CD for Christmas.
This is pretty much ordinary, but usually I know which one he wants. I confidently buy him the CD he's requested, or the newest from one of his favorites.
This year I was lost, and the WalMart doesn't have the greatest selction.
So I was brousing around, and there it was. Robin Trower.
At the time I didn't know why I thought he would like it, but I bought it, it sounded familier.
The next day the anxiety kicked in.
I had no idea who Robin Trower was, what made me think that Hubby would like it?
I called friends who had heard of Robin Trower, but they couldn't name any of his songs.
And was Robin a guy or a band?
Fuck! I didn't know!
I got online, but the yahoo player refused to play the only video in their library.
I talked to an online friend, she did a search, and told me, " He's a blues/rock guitarist."
( Thanks Momma!)
So I wrapped it up with the tags still on it, and I kept the receipt.

Christmas morning, Steve opens the package with the Robin Trower CD in it, I was so nervous, I wanted it to be perfect, I just knew it was wrong. I can't remember being that anxious about a gift ever.

He loved it!

Not only was he happy over it, but he told me that it was the best gift ever!
It went imediately into the stereo, and he smiled at me the whole time it played.
I don't why I knew, I had no idea he'd had it on vinyl , back in the day.

It was the best gift.
Not just for him, but for me too.


Bed Space

My Husband comes home about 3 days every three weeks.
I don't sleep in the middle of the bed when he's gone, I sleep on my side, ( the side nearest the bathroom) always. The only difference with him gone, is that the covers tend to slide over to my side.
He'd tell you that I have always been a cover stealer, I would debate that point.
So the first night he is home, I never sleep well. He sleeps on me.
I know he misses me, and I like to cuddle, to a point.
But the first night he is home he almost always sleeps with his arm across me and his leg wrapped over mine.
I am pinned down by Love!
Damn, his arms are heavy!
I like the cuddle til it is time to sleep, then get the hell offa me!
I can't sleep with someone hugging me.
Even my child. I can't sleep with another human on me.

And he won't know til he reads this that I didn't sleep well the first night he was home.
But I knew he needed to hold me all night, I knew he needed to feel me, to know he was really Home.
I am Home to him , and him to me.
So hold me Baby, hold me all night.
Home is in your arms.


New Year

While I was writing this, 2005 turned into 2006.
May the New Year bring peaceful and wonderful days to all who read this.

Tidings of comfort and joy!

Happy 2006!

16 Comments:

Blogger Monstah said...

You sound happy and a happy Buggah = a happy Monstah.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I am glad you are back! I have missed reading your writings!

Here is to a great New Year!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Supes said...

Hi Buggy!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Happy New Year Buggy darling. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time with your hubby. LOL at the bath story :-)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'm glad you're back at blogging. Great stories. Sounds like a nice family holiday time. There must have been some Karma working, with the CD/vinyl record thing. Happy 2006 Buggy!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

I love Buggy.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

That first story is a funny one. Is it wrong that I was picturing your DH nekkid in the bathroom?

9:10 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Hooray! Glad time with Mr Bug is going well. The bath tub is hilarious. And I'm so glad he enjoyed the CD. *smooch*

10:03 AM  
Blogger momma said...

And to answer Carey, yes it is wrong! You're a lesbian for Cod's sake! Sheesh. *rolls eyes*

10:04 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

LOL @ the bathtub!

Hooray for the CD!

I feel the same way about cuddling!

...and a very Happy New Year to the Buggy family!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I missed me some buggy stories.

I am the same way about cuddling. Whenever Mr Bob wakes up, he cuddles me. When he falls asleep I scooch over.

The only difficulty is when he doesn't sleep soundly (very rare) because then I end up cuddled into the tiniest sliver of the edge of the bed.

1:43 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Buggy, the same thing happened to mr lights the first time he used the jacuzzi tub in our bathroom! I didn't laugh either until much later. Then I really laughed just like I did reading this. Zuma and mr lights are like peas in a pod.

I'm not a cuddle sleeper either. I don't want to be touched while I'm sleeping.

My wish for 2006, aside from peace, health and happiness for everyone, is for Buggy to do more blogging. I just can't get enough of your words Buggy!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Syren said...

Awwww...that last story is one of the sweetest.

Have a great new year.

7:44 AM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Very sweet stories buggy.

*cstl*

10:22 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*runs in blog*

*smooches Buggy*

*runs back out*

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Redhead milf liposuction cost ultracet online Deleting files from hard drive refinancing bentley car parts Flamer car covers Assurance life sun buying timeshare pdas Mississippi recreational vehicle rental dealers Voyeur vulva Lower cholesterol natural way

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home