Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Sunday, April 10, 2005

lost a friend today

An old friend , from a long time ago has died.
My first thought was how to tell my Mom. He was her friend first, a family friend second, and she adored David, and his wife, Renee.
But I don't have to tell Mom, she knows.
I like to think of Mom on Heaven's Welcoming Commitee, greeting friends and family as they pass over. Holding them again, like she did in life.
Mom had her troubles, but she was a giver, she loved her friends with her whole heart.
Our friend David was a giver too, a kind and generous man, who loved my Mom and her kids like we were his own family.

My sister Deena, is having a hard time. She did keep in touch with David and Renee, and had just talked to him last week. She's had a hard year.

My Love goes out to his family, he was a good man and will be missed.