Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006

We had a wonderful Christmas!
Hope you all had good heart and warm Holiday feelings.

I hope you all are having as wonderful a New Year as we are.
2006 started off badly for me and mine, but through hard work, and heart, and good fortune , it's ending well.

Steve has been hired on permantely with the company he has been working for since March. More money, great benefits, job security that he hasn't had in 3 years.
We have medical insurance again!

I'm making some desicions about my work thing .
I can't go on working two jobs forever, and have decided to let one of them go. For those of you hoping I would keep the one that pays less, but makes me happier, well, I think I'm going in that direction. In fact, upon hearing that I was thinking of leaving my school job, one of the managers at the retail place offered me my own department. ( plus more hours and more money)
Not as much as the LunchLady gig pays, but close.
I think I may do that, come the end of the School year ( May)
I can honestly say that in 5 months, that I have never had a 'Bad Day' there.
I like it!
I like it more than any job I've ever had.
The only reason I don't quit the school job now, is that I can't leave them hanging in the middle of the year.

I wish you all well!
I wish you happiness and prosperity, I wish you Love and good fortune.
I wish you good parking, and good karma.

Happy 2007!

13 Comments:

Blogger momma said...

So glad to hear that 2006 is ending on a much happier note for you and yours.

*smooooooooch*

May 2007 bring you the best of all your hard work.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Yeah Buggy!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

*chants*
Go Buggy! Go Buggy!

Go Bloggers! Go Bloggers!

2007 had GOT to be a better year!

*smooch*

3:51 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yay! I hope you are able to work something out with store management that can financially and mentally work out best for you!!! Yay again! It's obvious they value you.

Happy New Year, Buggy. You have always been a shining light in my little online world. *smooch*

9:20 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*smooch* Here is to a happy and prosperous New Year.

7:29 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Happy New Year!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh, Buggy... I'm so glad things are turning around for the better! I know you've had a rough year and nobody deserves to have some good fortune more than you.

*smooch*

11:33 AM  
Blogger lights said...

You can't even begin to imagine how happy this makes me Miss Erica. It really is amazing what a difference a year can make. 2005 was the worst year of my life, while 2006 brought about some wonderful changes. It's a good reminder that we should never give up hope because just as fast as things can go sour, they can become sweet again.

Bad stuff sure makes you appreciate the good stuff.

love & hugs for the Bugs!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

Good for you, Buggy. I know the job Steve has is very important, just for the health insurance alone.

Happy New Year, 2007!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I join you in the '06 started bad. '07 is the year I appreciate everything good in life.

You are nice not to leave the school hanging. That consideration will be repaid to you.

Go '07!!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Hi Buggy! Glad to hear things are looking up. Congrats on the jobs and health insurance.

*hugs*

7:22 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

If I have to come out of my cave then you have to update. :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Hey, it's not like everyone didn't already see you peek your head out.

( maybe Friday, I only work the one job on Friday)

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home