Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Long Time Gone

July First?
July First!!!!!!???

Okay, so I knew I hadn't been here in a long time, but 3 months?
I would like to officially and sincerly apolagize to anyone who still checks in here.
I am a bad bad Bug.
I had a bad summer, yes ; but I never intended to not write the entire summer.

I did get a job, finally. Just when I gave up looking and resigned myself to getting ready for the new school year, I got a job.
It doesn't pay as much as the lunchlady gig, and it wasn't enough hours to be full-time, but they offered it to me, so like Lucy, " I took it!"

I quit after the first week, but nice responsible person that I am, I agreed to work the hours that I was schedualed for the next week, and then another 25 hr week on top of that. ( the second 25 hrs overlapped my first week at school, and basically kicked my ass, 55 hrs was way more than I could handle)

The thing was, I liked the store, and I liked the people, I just didn't like the department I was in ( furniture) or the job I was assigned to. I didn't have enough training and it was oodles of paperwork for every transaction. It was too much for a second job.

But after I quit, I started wandering the store whenever the furniture dept was dead (often).
I went hunting for customers to assist, I helped the other departments with their stocking and recovery. I learned the store, I swept, whatever to keep busy.
I liked helping customers.
And that was the job I'd applied for in the first place anyway.

The managers all loved me, I had 3 of them beg me to stay. The store manager told me several times how much he hated losing me, how good I was with customers.
They all started asking me if I would stay if they took me out of furniture, would I stay if they gave me the hours I wanted? Would I stay for 3 shifts a week? Two?
I could keep my pay ( furniture started at more than storeside) , I could work one or two evenings a week, and the occasional Saturday morning, and the best part was I would keep my 20% employee discount.

I took it.
I'm sometimes tired, but I am making enough there to pay my weekly car payment and the store discount is saving us crazy money.
(There is a weekend in November that we get 30% off! I am so doing all my Christmas shopping then)

If it paid as much as my Food job , I'd quit the School.
I've spent way too many hours standing over a deep fryer. But I just got a 92 cent an hour raise at the school so I can't afford to leave there, yet.

I was going to say where I worked, because I love the store! But I think I may want to talk about it here, so I am not going to name it.
It is a retail chain that does NOT start with a W or a T or a K.

It's my first retail job! I really like it!

If I am mostly absent from the places you usually see me, this is why.


Things that make me Smile

***Katie***

My Kate has been so responsible. Makes me so proud.
On the days that I work nights ( 5-10 is how it's schedualed, but we are usually done early and I am home by 9:30 most nigths) she gets home right after I get to work , and she calls the store to leave a message that she is home. She does homework before anything else. Some days she even gets dinner started.

I chaparoned at her school dance last weekend.
She's odd, her friends are odd, but it was fun!
Her "boyfriend" was there, the little redhead boy who hs been calling her and holding her hand for a year. They didn't dance, but they did run around and act like fools. Not the most mature kids in the school, but they had fun.


***Wheezy***

My Friend Lisa, our Wheezy.
She got a literary agent for one of her writings.
That agent is working to get her story made into a book.
A book we can buy, a book we can hold in our hands, touch the pages, smell the ink.
I love Lisa's writing, I cherish her words. She is amazing!

I can't wait to read her book while resting on my potty ( beacuse that is where I like to read), or lying in bed. A Wheezy story I can hold in my hands, as well as my heart.

Look for her on the bestseller list soon!


***True***

Love that True!
Why does me make me smile?
No reason, just being herself. It's the best reason!
She made me crazy all summer by bringing the Big Brother live feeds to me, as a gift.
( and really, when you can't sleep at 4 a.m. it's good to know you can click on Janelle practicing for comps and flirting with Will, it was the coolest gift ever!)

True is just always her honest self, never more or less.
I love that!
She listens to me whine, she listens to me happy, she shares her life , she laughs!
And even if we only talk for a few minutes about nothing, it refreshes me.
She gives more than she gets, and she rarely complains.
I adore her!
True's friends are lucky!


***Chatroom***

Makes me smile!
There have been some fun people in the chat lately.
When I get home from work and need to unwind before bed, it's a fun place to go.
Old friends , new friends, a good visit place.
I made a friendly connection with someone I hadn't felt as warm to before.
It was really nice.
I got to meet him on a different level than the message boards, one on one, real time, makes a difference in how you get to know someone.
I got to like someone who I was previously unsure of.
It made me smile!


My Readers

I hope you are still there.
I was wrong to leave this place for so long.
I let myself down too, not writing for so long.
I let down the people who checked in for a soupy story or update.
I have more Frog Farm stories to tell, and maybe even some interesting or silly daily stuff to share. ( I work retail now, there should be stories to tell)
If you are still checking in here, Thanks.



Heart you all
Wish you Safe and Well
My Readers, my Friends








23 Comments:

Blogger Badger said...

Hugs to you, Buggy! :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Good to see you Badger!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*waves* Hi Buggy!

Glad to hear that the 2nd job worked out well enough for you to stay.

Your KatieBug is adorable. It must be a huge relief for you knowing she's able to take care of herself while you are at work.

I'm thrilled to see you back and doing well.

I've missed you.

*BIG HUGS*

2:47 PM  
Blogger Geggy said...

Huh. If you'd be like me and make up things about your sex life, you would blog more often.

Seriously, though. Good for you on the retail job. I was lousy at it. You, on the other hand, are perfect for it.

3:50 PM  
Blogger lights said...

*jumps up and down*

Finally, clicking on this link has paid off! *giggle*

I can't really complain though because I'm getting close to a month since I've updated on my blog. *bad lights*

I'm so happy to hear that the second job is working out for you sweetie. They know a gem when they see one! Say hi to the Katiebug and Zuma for me!

love & hugs

4:57 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Awww, sorry I just skipped to the part about me, so I can't comment on the other stuff, which I bet I've all ready heard, right???? If not fill me in on the phone, I have the attention span of a gnat these days, it's embarassing.

Anywho, the stuff about me was really nice. I *heart* you too Buggy.

7:53 PM  
Blogger gothmog said...

nice post! hope there are more where this came from.

12:53 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Yay! The bug is back! *smile*

Welcome back, Buggy. I've missed you (here). Sounds like the retail job is going well, so good for you.

*smooch*

2:23 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

How wonderful to see a buggy update!

Wow, the second job sounds like it's working out well (other than being tired). Maybe after the first of the year you can re-evaluate. I bet you are GREAT with customers.

Katie sounds like such an amazing daughter. You are a good mom.

That's so cool that Wheezy is potentially getting a REAL LIVE book deal! That would be awesome!

10:31 AM  
Blogger miamicatt said...

Nice to see you back. :-)

I learned a hard lesson yesterday about what happens when one doesn't pay their phone bill...the promised phone call will be coming tonight. *hangs head*

1:05 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I've been checking every couple of days, let's see, that's about 45 times! I'm glad you updated and I'm glad that you like retail. Perhaps you can make a career change! Salesperson today; manager tomorrow. Lucky you to have Katie. And lucky Katie to have you.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Buggy! *waves frantically* It's good to see you again.

I'm glad you are liking the 2nd job, I'm sure it's a great help with the finances. I'm happy for you.

*smooch*

9:22 AM  
Blogger kevingrout said...

Good to see you buggah!

Hard to believe October is here already, isn't it?

Glad to hear things are working out for you job-wise and that Katiebug is keeping well.

And I second your notion on the writings of the Wheeze. I'll keep my ear to the ground when her book gets picked up.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

3:18 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

It's about damn time. *grin*

*smooch*

6:56 PM  
Blogger Rio said...

Finally! Was about to give up on you. :) Cool to find out to that Wheezy is another Lisa. I love ya bug!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Ahhhhhhh!

It's a bug!

1:01 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

BUGGEEEEE!!!! Hi! :)

I check your blog whenever I'm checking blogs. I would never not check your blog because I *heart* you and your blog! *grin*

I'm glad to know the other job is working out for you! Yay!

6:35 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh!!!! ... and this time? Don't wait 3 months for another update. K?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Oh and? Your title makes me think of The Dixie Chicks. :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

Buggy, I could just hug you...if you were here right now or I there I would be hugging you.

Good luck with the other job...sound like you like it and that is a plus.

Hugs

10:45 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Buggy's back!

Sorry I am late to your return!

9:25 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Yay! The Bug is back! I've missed you.

*hugs*

6:27 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

Hey, Buggy! Long time no see!

*smooch*

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home