Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Trick or Treat , Ya'll

Boo

I saw a ghost.
Really.
A few weeks ago I saw my Mom.

And for those of you keeping score, next December she will have been gone from this life for two years.
Two years.
I can't believe it.
Just a blink ago she was nagging me about my bad grades and my dirty bedroom.
Then she was holding my newborn baby, and nagging me about my dirty apartment.
Two years ago she was holding my hand and gasping for breath.

But I saw her, just a couple weeks ago.

I was on my way home from work and I stopped at my Bank. Usually I do the drive -thru, but that day I had to walk- in , because they had negelected to return my ID at the drive -thru, and I had to pick it up.

So I pull into the parking lot, I fuss around a bit in my purse, and I happen to look up, and there she was.
Right in front if me!
Looking right at me!

I got chills, ( like you do when you see a ghost) and I just stared at her.
She looked right at me.
My Mom , looking right at me.
She was right there , I could almost hold her.

I was almost in tears when I realised that the front of the Bank is a mirror.
I was looking at me, looking like her.

I was so surreal.

She used to tell me that I was just like her, and I would tell her she was wrong, I was nothing like her.
But we were both right.
Sometimes, I catch a glimpse of my mother, in mirrors.

Haunted

I have lived in haunted places.
Several of the houses I grew up in were haunted by spirits.
Footsteps heard in the night, things that moved and broke all by themselves.
Actual ghosts that more than one person saw were present in more than one house.
In one place we lived there was a little blond girl with tiny teeth, who smiled in the dreams of everyone who slept in the house. (My bother's friend walked in on her one night in our kitchen, I don't think he ever stayed over again, her smile was terrible.)

But one of my favorite ghost stories, was in the Sylmar house, where lots of things happened.
One day I came home from school and went to my Mom's room to visit with her, she'd been sick and was in her bed. Mom's bed faced the master bathroom door.
I came in and used the potty to pee, with the door open while I talked to Mom about my day.
She could see me from where she was sitting.
After I was done I went to sit on the edge of her bed and talk to her about day.
Then there was a thump in the bathroom, loud, we both heard it.
I walked over to see what it was , and all the framed pictures on the wall in the bathroom were flipped.
They were all upside down!
No one had been in there!
They were right just a moment before when'd I 'd been in the bathroom, the door had been open the whole time.
But there they were, the wall pictures, all 3 of them, upside down.


Jack O Lantern

We carved 3 this year. I love the Pumpkin carving thing!
I am the Martha of pumpkin carving.
I do it every year, I have special knives, I have patterns .
Often I take 2 or 3 days to do my 3 to 5 pumpkins.

This year we had 3 that we bought at the last minute, today ( Trick or Treat was tonight in my neighborhood) . We got home at 1 p.m. and the Kins were ready at 6 ( just before the T or T ers started to appear) This is the quickest that the pumpkins were done, ever!

And they looked good!
I had so much fun handing out candy , the kids were so cute!


I love Halloween!
I had so much fun!
Decorating and getting Katie's costume ready, and handing out the candy !

And all day I felt my Mom with me.
She loved the Fall.
I felt like she was there, with me, all day.


Blessed Autumn to you all!

10 Comments:

Blogger Geggy said...

Oh, Buggah, your story about seeing your mom brought a tear to my eye. I've had that exact same experience myself. Scared me to death. And then scared me even more that I looked so much like my mom. It was the height that finally snapped me out of it. I'm about 5 inches taller than mom on her best day.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I frequently see my mom in myself, too. Her smile, her eyes, her cheeks.

I drove through Sylmar just the other day.

Check out emily rugburns' blog for pictures of her jack-o-lanterns. Can you post pictures of yours?

7:26 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

You have such a sweet gift, Buggy. Your warmth comes through in your words.

*smooch*

8:21 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*smooch* I too understand your Mom story.

*husg* to you. I have missed your stories.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

My sister has spirits visit her. I watch Sylvia on Montel sometimes and then I try to concentrate so I'm open to spirits. They don't like me, I guess.

My dad always said I look just like my mom. I can see it in pictures of her in her late teens and early twentys, but not as I remember her.

11:26 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Kim is right, Buggy. The warmth of your stories always comes through. You never fail to make me smile, except when you make me cry...sometimes the cry is a good one, sometimes not. But no matter what, you have a gift with words.

But guess what? I stayed in a haunted house once (for a month) and whatever spirit(s) was/were there, my presence was not appreciated at all. I told the story on OT a few years ago. Maybe I'll give it a go on my blog. Maybe.

*hugs* to the bug

5:35 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}} for you and your mom!

I love Halloween too!

*shiver* @ the ghost stories.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Bugs you gave me chills! Both good and creepy ones!

The warm good one was about your mom in the reflection. She must be so proud of you and is smiling at you every day.

The creepy one is about the pictures!

For a long time after my father passed away I was so scared to dream about him. Now I welcome the dreams.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*waves to Buggy*
*hugs for the first story. I couldn't read the second story because just the title scared me. Augie and my GF like to talk about ghost stories and it scares the poop out of me.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I got lots more ghosty stories, some that would really freak you guys out.
I have lived in 4 haunted houses.
I have some stories.

I want to say Thank You All for still checking in here , and reading me.
I know I don't write much these days, and I rarely get the chance to read any blogs, but it means so much to me that you'all respond.
I'm not worthy!

Lvoe you all!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home