Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Saturday, July 23, 2005

New Hamster!

51 hours into New Hamster Watch, and he is still alive.
We have named the little guy, Zipper, and call him Zippy.
He is fast, so it fits.
I am just glad he is still alive.
Since November I've killed 3 hamsters, a cat, and a mom.
Sucks to be me!
( or a friend of me, so think about that for a minute, I'll understand if you want to run away now.)
*Ha Ha Ha*

Zippy is a running fool! He loves the wheel!
I suggested we re-name him Forest, my child balks at this. We keep lloking at him, making sure he is still alive.
Zippy!
His name is Zippy!
And it fits him.
I am already attached to him.
He has sweet little beady black eyes, is so soft, and he lived! He survived the drive home!
Surviving the drive home has become a big deal for me. I love pets that live through the drive!
When he dies ( approximently 6 months from now) I'll be devastated.
This is why I don't want pets! It's bad enough when people die on me, but pets too?
L ike I need another tiny grave in my back yard!

But he is cute, the Zippy, I like him very much. He makes the KatieBug happy, and that is good enough for me.
He runs the wheel 6 ft from my desk, RUN ZIPPY!
Live!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I think he looks more like a Carl or a Ben. *shrug*
Maybe you should buy Neopets. When they die you just add a new battery.

8:50 PM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

My daughter calls me Forest when I run.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

i once had a really hateful hamster that bit me right in the meat between my thumb and index finger. I shook him off and accidentally threw him against the wall. I cried because my hand hurt, and then I cried because I had killed my hamster!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Yay Zippy! I am happy you got a new hamster, Buggy.

I am not allowed to have any small pets. DF fears I would forget to water them and stuff.

Poor Brian. Ouch!

12:01 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Awwwww! Welcome home Zippy.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I did that once too Brian, not quite as violently, but dropped one when it bit me very hard and wouldn't let go. She was already very sick and dropping her definately put that last nail in the coffin.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» » »

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Wheelchairs equipment and supplies Common worm files on harddrive Look for buy didrex online sale free shipping Infiniti g35 exhaust parts 3fkeywords 3dmedical malpractice Buy carisoprodol link tm fx to fioricet Nexium free shipping 1998 buick gs microsoft office software for asian anal 2000 course microsoft office training Medical malpractice knoxville Comcast spyware

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home