Bug Soup

A Broth of Rambling Thoughts ( with some morsels of 'silly' thrown in for flavor)

Monday, April 04, 2005

The Herd of Dogs

Day 24 of the Dog invasion.

The herd that lives in my garage has eaten a sofa.
Well, not the entire sofa, and it's sort of love seat sized, but I liked it and used to sit on it before the herd moved in.
So they ate the arm off of it, right down to the wood. And then they smiled and wagged their doggy tails like they expected to be rewarded for killing the big bad sofa. I mean it was obviously threatening the welfare of the entire household. It's dead now, can't harm anyone.

I went to get something out of the freezer yesterday and they attacked me. Jumping on me and scratching me with their claws, wanting to be petted and told they are "good". I guess they don't recognize me yet I am the one who wont pet them , the one who never pets them. The one who just yells "DOWN!" about a dozen times while leaping and running spastically across the room.

Oh, and they are shedding. So much fur in there that my eyes swell just thinking about it.
At one point I thought they'd killed one of their own, there was such a large pile of fur on the floor.
I was hoping this fur loss would make them smaller, but so far, not so much.

There's like 10, or maybe 8 of them! Or 3, and only 2 actually live in the garage. But it seems like more I swear it!

I miss my sofa.
I want to park my car in the garage again.
I don't want to have to run a gauntlet of wild beasts just to get a soda.
Stooopid Dogs!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so not a dog person. Unless of course it's someone elses, then they're ok.

What are you going to do when it get to be a bizillion degrees in the garage? Maybe you could install a nice window air conditioner unit. Buahahahaha!

My cats are shedding a lot right now, too. Poor Black kitty is getting all matted. Between the matted fur and her constant sneezing/gaking, she's really pathetic.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Well, if you'd name those poor things.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home